tiistai 10. maaliskuuta 2015

Nexus 7 wifi (2012) is so much faster with CyanogenMod 12 inside

Nexus 7 wifi (2012) "grouper" did receive a major update last autumn - Android 5 Lollipop. Off I went and flashed my Nexus immediately. The Graphical User Interface was nice but the performance was not. Chrome web browser felt almost useless, well, laggy at least.

I decided to give CyanogenMod 12 (= free version of Android 5) a try. Studying occured! I had to figure out how to install ClockWorkMod ROM-manager. After that it was easy to transfer CyanogenMod 12 as a zip-package from Ubuntu Linux to Nexus 7 via USB-cable.

CyanogenMod 12 feels so quick! Much quicker than Android 5! There is an additional Google-apps-package available. I don't want to install it! All I need is a web browser which is able to enter the services I need; Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, news sites. I try to avoid additional apps and don't want to download apps from Google Play -store.

I wonder how long my Nexus 7 will be supported in the future? Will CyanogenMod 13 ever become available for Nexus 7? Is Microsoft really going to purchase CyanogenMod? Tricky!

CyanogenMod 12

It's not an android?

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti